Everton fans have urged Farhad Moshiri to remove Bill Kenwright as the club’s chairman.
The Guardian report the supporters have threatened to increase protests against the hierarchy if Kenwright stays in his position.
The Toffees announced the departures of chief executive Barrett-Baxendale, strategy officer Grant Ingles and non-executive director Graeme Sharp on Monday.
They also stated that Kenwright’s future will be decided in the next 48 hours, but that deadline has passed with the club yet to make a decision.
The 77-year-old has been the Blues’ chairman since 2004 but he has recently come under a lot of scrutiniy due to the team’s poor performances.
The film producer was reportedly set to step down from his position alongside Barrett-Baxendale, Ingles and Sharp, but Moshiri wanted to hold talks with him first. Those talks are said to be still ongoing with no decision reached yet.
The group, which represents several Everton fan organisations, have been calling for Kenwright to be removed. They recently issued a statement that read:
“We call for the immediate removal of the chairman of this football club – who has been the most unsuccessful chairman in our history. For the football club to move forward, and fans to unite, this without doubt has to happen. The protests will not cease and will only further intensify if you [Moshiri] allow ‘Chairman Bill’ to stumble on, continuing to fail in his position, despite clear evidence for a need for change. We ask you to respond without delay to this loyal fanbase, do not cause any further unnecessary hold up to a deadline that the football club’s leadership team set out.”
Everton’s results this season was highly disappointing as they came extremely close to getting relegated to the Championship.
They would have certainly suffered the drop to the second tier if Abdoulaye Doucoure’s second-half goal didn’t lead them to a 1-0 success over Bournemouth on the final day.
Manager Sean Dyche ultimately deserves a lot of praise, who came in at a difficult time and led them to some brilliant results to maintain their top-flight status.
Latest Everton News
- Preview: Everton vs Arsenal – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Everton receive boost in race for Chelsea’s Callum Hudson-Odoi
- A Guide to Everton’s Diet and Conditioning
- Everton face Serie A competition for El Bilal Toure signing
- Everton in July: Four pre-season fixtures as Dyche aims for big turnaround
- Everton fans want Farhad Moshiri to remove chairman Bill Kenwright
- Preview: Everton vs Bournemouth – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Preview: Manchester United vs Everton – prediction, team news, line-ups
- Everton in April: Next five Premier League fixtures
- Everton vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups