Premier League football returns on Saturday as Everton take on Leeds United at the Goodison Park.
The Toffees have seen improvement since Sean Dyche has taken over the club. His first game in charge saw the team stunning Arsenal with a 1-0 victory, with James Tarkowski notching the decisive goal.
But they failed to build on that superb win as they succumbed to a disappointing 2-0 defeat in the Merseyside derby.
A rapid counter-attack from the Reds saw Mohamed Salah scoring the opener before Cody Gakpo added another to seal a comfortable win for Jurgen Klopp’s side.
The defeat leaves Everton still in the relegation zone, but only one point separates them from Saturday’s opponents Leeds United.
The Whites have also been enduring a woeful run of form and are one of the favourites to go down to the Championship.
They spurned a brilliant opportunity to claim full points against Manchester United at Old Trafford as they conceded two second-half goals to play out a 2-2 draw.
And in the reverse fixture at Elland Road, the Peacocks couldn’t even earn a point as they suffered a 2-0 defeat with Marcus Rashford and Alejandro Garnacho on the scoresheet.
The Whites sacked Jesse Marsch earlier this month but are yet to find a permanent replacement for the American boss in top Leeds United news.
The Toffees have registered only a single win from seven league matches after the mid-season break for the World Cup. That victory came against Arsenal earlier this month at Goodison where they fought hard and ultimately triumphed by 1-0.
Everton fixtures show they will face Aston Villa as their final fixture this month following the home clash against Leeds. The Toffees couldn’t have asked for a better opponent than the Peacocks and they must pick up full points to move out of the relegation zone.
Leeds are currently on the edge of the drop zone with only one point separating them from 18th-placed Everton. The Whites’ previous league victory came way back in November when they edged Bournemouth in the 4-3 thriller at Elland Road. Since then, they have lost five matches and suffered four draws.
Everton vs Leeds United Potential line-ups
Everton: Pickford; Coleman, Coady, Tarkowski, Mykolenko; Iwobi, Onana, Gueye, Doucoure, McNeil; Simms
Leeds United: Meslier; Kristensen, Koch, Wober, Struijk; Adams, McKennie; Summerville, Harrison, Gnonto; Bamford
Everton vs Leeds United Prediction
Leeds have endured a disappointing record at Goodison, with the Whites winning only one of their previous 15 league visits. And though Everton are also going through a difficult period, we expect Sean Dyche’s men to pick up full points on Saturday.
Everton 2-1 Leeds United
Latest Everton News
- Everton in April: Next five Premier League fixtures
- Everton vs Leeds United Preview – Prediction & Potential line-ups
- Everton-linked forward Arnaut Danjuma arrives in London to discuss January move
- Everton in December 2022: Key Fixtures & TV Schedule
- Everton Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Everton vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Man Utd & Tottenham to determine Frank Lampard’s fate at Everton in October
- Everton Transfers Season 2022-23: Richarlison’s departure, Onana & McNeil signs
- Everton v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Everton’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights