Everton forward Richarlison has revealed there is some bad blood between him and Liverpool midfielder Thiago Alcantara.
The Toffees faced off against Liverpool at Goodison Park in October, drawing the game 2-2 following a controversial disallowed goal for Jordan Henderson in added time.
During the clash, Richarlison was sent-off following a poor tackle on Liverpool’s Thiago.
The Brazilian went in with his studs up, catching Thiago high on the shin and was given his marching orders.
Richarlison has claimed that he reached out to Thiago on social media to apologise for the tackle.
However, when Thiago chose to ignore his message, the Everton man was not too happy.
“He only saw it. I said, ‘I’m going to delete this message too since he doesn’t want to reply’, Richarlison explained to journalist Thiago Asmar during a YouTube live stream.
“Then I went there and deleted it. He didn’t answer, no.
“Then there was the derby now, at their home, he didn’t look at my face, I didn’t look at him, either. The game goes on. He ignored the Pigeon (Richarlison’s nickname).”
SL View – How good can Richarlison be for Everton?
Richarlison has been somewhat of an enigma at the Toffees this season.
The Brazilian impressed fans in the last campaign, scoring 13 league goals and proving to be one of Everton’s best players.
However, Richarlison has found it more difficult this time around.
The forward only managed one league goal before the turn of the year but has now found some form with four league goals in Everton’s last six matches.
At times Richarlison looks like a nightmare to defend against, as he was in the Merseyside derby at Anfield.
Other times, he can be frustrating to watch and have little effect on any given match.
While no one can deny that Richarlison has bags of ability and potential, he must start harnessing that soon if Everton are to achieve their Champions League ambitions.
Latest Everton News
- Everton Players at the 2022 World Cup
- Everton vs Manchester United Preview – Prediction, how to watch & potential line-ups
- Man Utd & Tottenham to determine Frank Lampard’s fate at Everton in October
- Everton Transfers Season 2022-23: Richarlison’s departure, Onana & McNeil signs
- Everton v Arsenal Pre-Season Friendly: Date, Kick-off Time & How To Stream
- Everton’s 2022/23 Premier League Fixtures Announced – Key Highlights
- Everton Transfer News – Premier League striker and Serie A centre-back in Lampard’s crosshairs
- Arsenal vs Everton Preview – Prediction, team news, line-ups
- Everton vs Leicester City Preview & Richarlison Transfer Update
- Everton April 2022 Preview: West Ham and Liverpool bookend a tough month for Lampard